Our Breeding Objectives
To maximise our herd’s performance and your profit, we believe in getting the fundamentals right. Our cattle are bred for:
- Environmentally adapted. Short, sleek, shiny coats, eye pigmentation and hooding; moderate frame size and mature weight.
- Temperament. We have found that cattle with poor temperament are generally the poorest performers. Feedback from buyers has been very favourable to the benefits of bulls with good natural temperament.
- Our cow herd is maintained on strict inter-calving periods.
- Structural Soundness is a given. For us, phenotype comes first, pedigree second. We also use linear classifications to enhance our breeding selections.
- Breed Purity to maintain herd consistency and maximise hybrid vigour for the commercial buyer.
- Market Suitability. The market for our bulls is predominantly Central Queensland and North West NSW. We believe the bulls we are producing are very suited to these conditions and markets. Long bodied, well- muscled with enough softness to be able to finish within the market specifications.